25 April 2013

Freedom

"And this Italy, this Italy that is still there even if it is hushed, derided or insulted, anyone who touches it will be in trouble. Anyone who steal it from me, anyone who invades it will be in trouble."
O. Fallaci - The Rage and the Pride

Okay, I translated that quote myself, so I don't know if it sounds good like the Italian original version.




Anyway, today is Liberation Day and I feel so proud of my country. 
Relax, I'm not going to explain you the meaning of this day for us (but you could go and check on wikipedia, you know, it could be a topic in those "awkward silence" moments when you don't know what to say...).
I'm writing this post and feeling so guilty because I should study Maths, i have a test tomorrow. Whatever.


This is how I am going to spend the night. Coffee and Maths books

Today is my first year of Instagram anniversary! Yay!
I've realized I start lots of things in these days. Not very interesting, yes, I know. 

As this blog is about my American year, I'd better talk about something relating to that.
At Wep orientation programme some days ago we have made a letter to ourselves about our fears and what we're expecting from this year.
Actually my biggest fear is to put on weight, which is stupid, but I'm more concerned about this than about the fact I don't understand when people talk to me in English.
One of the first things WEP (the year abroad organization) people told me was "You're going to gain almost 12 kilos".
Well, dear girl from WEP, do you know you actually scared the hell out from me?
That's not the kind of things you're saying to a teenager who is already worried about going away from her home country for a year!
I'll work my ass off while there. I'll try every sport, even just the training. I promise. 

I haven't got a host family yet. I freakin' wanna know who is going to bear me for the next year.
Waiting's killing me, literally. I hope for a brother or a sister of my age, you know, someone to talk with at school. I will find well with any other family though. Just, I can't wait for. :)


Today's shopping

So, as you can see, today I went shopping and bought some really nice things.
I bought a cream bag from OVS, which is an Italian shop really nice, with some piece of clothes I still dream for.
Then I went to Zara and bought a beige jumper which I really needed, was on sale and I suggest to everyone cause it's really useful for all seasons. It costs only 20 €.
Eventually I went to Stradivarius and bought a brown false leather jacket which I have been dreaming of for months. It costs 30€ (the real leather version costs 129 and there wasn't much of a difference).
So, I'm really happy about my shopping haul even if it doesn't make sense keep on buying clothes as I'm soon moving to America, where everything cost half the price than here. Whatever.

That's all for now.
Maths' book is calling me from where I left it,
Enjoy!

Effie.

What about a youtube channel? 







No comments:

Post a Comment